Holy Cross Lutheran Early Childhood Center offers a 3-year-old Pre-School program and 4-year-old Pre-Kindergarten program. We serve ages 3 (toilet trained) through Kindergarten. The programs are multifaceted in their approach to care and education of children, with a developmentally appropriate balance of activities selected by the child and those that are teacher directed.
Planned activities are in a variety of areas, all designed to encourage creativity, curiosity, exploration, and problem solving:
- Preschool children are exposed to a variety of math skills, such as counting with one-to-one correspondence, ordinal position, matching and classifying, and shapes. Language development and social skills are provided through the use of music, finger plays, role-playing, crafts and art, reading and nursery rhymes. Letters of the alphabet are introduced, as well as some beginning Spanish vocabulary.
- Pre-K children are introduced to the alphabet and letter sounds through music, stories, projects and writing using the Saxon Early Learning Curriculum. Children are exposed to math skills number recognition, matching, ordering, shapes and patterns by methods that ensure that children have fun while learning skills to help them be successful in school and in life. Social, emotional, and personal skills are further developed in the classroom as well as language, literacy, health and safety, science, social studies, technology and fine arts.
Early Childhood Options
- Traditional Preschool/Pre-K (students attend mornings only, 8:30am-11:45 am)
- Preschool/Pre-K Plus (students attend 8:30-3:15).
- 3-day and 5-day options are available.
- Before and after school care are also available 6:30 am-8:30 am, and 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
Braves Summer Camp
Braves Summer Camp is open throughout the summer for current and future students. We offer full-time and part-time care for children ages three through 3rd grade.